Dr. Tom and Betty Lawrence American History Teacher Award
The Dr. Tom & Betty Lawrence American History Teacher Award seeks to reward excellence in the classroom at all levels. Each year 3 remarkable teachers, one elementary, one middle, and one high school, will be selected to receive prizes worth up to $5000 including a trip to one of the following seminars:
- Freedoms Foundation Summer Teacher Graduate Workshop at Valley Forge, Pa.
- Colonial Williamsburg Summer Teacher Workshop in Williamsburg, Va.
- Jefferson Symposium at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Va.
- SAR Annual Conference on the American Revolution, Location varies.
- George and Martha Washington’s Mount Vernon, Mount Vernon, VA.
The award winners will also receive a cash stipend, funds to purchase classroom materials and travel assistance. Contestants must teach material pertaining to the Revolutionary War era from 1750 – 1800 and demonstrate educational efforts in the classroom that exceed and excel above current accepted, curriculum requirements.
Please help the SAR support teachers whose passion will inspire generations of citizens for years to come. Donate Today!