COME DISCOVER YOUR REVOLUTIONARY HISTORY
The SAR Genealogical Research Library maintains a large Collection of genealogical, historical reference materials for research by SAR members and the general public.
When you visit, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Patrons may bring a tablet, unbound research notes, and one three-ring binder or one non-manila file folder. You may use paperclips and binder clips to contain loose papers.
- Expandable files, manila envelopes, pocket folders, portfolios, and loose-leaf folders (with brads) are not permitted.
- Library guests must use pencils only. No ink pens or highlighters are allowed in the Library.
- Bags, purses, briefcases, etc., should be stored outside the library. Lockers are available for your convenience.
- Personal copiers, scanners, and cameras are not permitted.
- Laptop computers are allowed in the Library, and wireless Internet connectivity is available. Electrical outlets are available for laptops.
- The Library collection is non-circulating; therefore no books or other references may be taken from the Library.
- Smoking, food, gum, and beverages are prohibited in the Library.
- Please silence all cell phones and pagers while in the Library.
- Young children must be kept with accompanying adult(s) at all times.
- Visitors are allowed on Library floors only. Please avoid those areas designated for SAR staff only.
- Restrooms are located on the first floor behind the lobby reception desk. Do not take Library books into restrooms.
- As a precaution, the SAR Library staff reserves the right to inspect all materials leaving the Library.
SAR Genealogical Research Library website: http://library.sar.org/